Below is a copy of our contract for you to preview :
Riverside English Cream Retriever & or English Goldendoodle Puppy Sale Agreement
DATE OF AGREEMENT_________________
5021 Riverside Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
Congratulations on the purchase of your new family member/puppy!
1) Seller agrees to sell to Buyer & Buyer agrees to purchase from Seller a puppy whelped on DOB_________________ with the AKC registration Litter Registration # (for English Creams)
The Sire and Dam of puppy are:
2) Buyer will pay to Seller the sum of $2,000.00 as the full purchase price of the puppy. Buyer will pay to Seller a non-refundable deposit of $400.00 at the time of execution of this agreement & will be immediately put on waiting list in order of who paid 1st, and will pay the balance at the time Buyer picks up the puppy. Buyer will come get their puppy and pay the balance on the date both parties agree on when seller has notified Buyer that their puppy is ready to be picked up. Puppy will be dewormed, receive 1st shots & examined by vet to make sure he/she is in good health. Puppy will be sold with a limited AKC registration (for English Creams). Buyer agrees to get he/she fixed when their vet feels it is best for the puppy, at which time when we have proof, we will give you your AKC papers (for English Creams). If you want unlimited AKC registration (for English Creams) it will be at a extra fee which will be determined by Seller & allowed at Sellers discretion).
3) The puppy is sold to Buyer and Buyer purchases and accepts the puppy in “as is” condition and Seller makes no guarantee of warranties, express or implied, concerning the health of the puppy except as expressly and specifically set forth as follows:
a) Buyer will have the puppy examined by Buyers licensed Veterinarian within 7 days after Buyer has picked up the puppy from Seller (excluding weekends). If Buyer’s Veterinarian determines the puppy to have a serious illness or congenital defect, Buyer may return the puppy to Seller for another puppy (1st puppy available that has not already been reserved & deposit made), not a refund, provided the puppy is in the same condition as at the time of delivery and provided Buyer delivers to Seller a verified letter from the Veterinarian of Buyer confirming that the puppy has serious illness or congenital defect which existed in the puppy at the time it was removed from Seller’s premises. This is subject to confirmation by Sellers choice of Veterinarians. The Seller doesn’t guarantee against possible infection of the puppy by common parasites or protozoa (eg: Giradia Lamblia, toxocara canis, toxocara leonina, Ascaris caninum, coccidia Isospora).
b) Seller guarantees that for a period of one (1) year from the date of birth of the puppy, the puppy will not have or develop hereditary heart defects, hip dysplasia and/or cataracts. This guarantee is non-transferable. If the Buyer's Veterinarian determines the puppy to have any of the said conditions, the Buyer must have the condition confirmed by the OFA, Cert or Cerf. Seller will provide a new puppy for Buyer, not a refund, provided Buyer delivers to Seller a verified letter from Buyers Veterinarian confirming that the puppy has one or more such conditions, additionally all test results from OFA, Cert or Cerf must also be submitted. The Seller furthermore reserves the right to have the puppy examined by Veterinarian of their choice to confirm the diagnosis. If Seller does not have a selection of puppies at the time of any such claim, Buyer will be given the opportunity to select a puppy from the Sellers 1st puppies available that has not already been reserved & deposit made. Any surgical or medical procedures will be done at the Seller's discretion.
4) The Buyer is not required but is highly recommended to enroll in an obedience class with their puppy. The Seller does not guarantee the puppy against behavioral problems.
5) If for any reason the Buyer can’t keep the puppy, Seller reserves the first right of refusal. If Buyer for any reason can’t keep you puppy/dog, please contact us first before placing the puppy in another home or shelter.
6) The puppy shall be given adequate shade and housing and shall be properly and sufficiently fed a good diet/food & water. The Buyer will make sure the puppy is up to date on all it's vaccines/shots & vet visits, The Buyer will also keep records just in case at any time the Seller needs information on the welfare of the puppy. The puppy shall not be neglected or mistreated in any way.
7) Reasonable precautions shall be taken by Buyer to prevent the acquiring any hereditary faults. No treadmilling, jogging, standing on back legs or excessive ball chasing or retrieving should be done with this puppy/dog prior to two (2) years. No hard exercise, rough playing, or extensive running with adults, children or other animals should be allowed. Restrict the puppy’s exercise to sensible activities (brief short walks) and discourage jumping activities. Owner understands that extended and exhaustive playing with older dogs, or forced exercise can actually cause joint and bone problems because of soft tissue development, until the age of two (2) years.
8) Seller warrants that s/he is the lawful owner of the puppy, that the puppy is free from all encumbrances and s/he has the right to sell the puppy. Seller will defend the title to the puppy from all lawful claims and demands.
9) In the unlikely event that litigation is necessary, both parties agree that all litigation will be held in Everett, Snohomish County, Washington.
10) Buyer has read and understands all of the terms and provisions contained in this agreement. Buyer understands that the terms and provisions contained constitute a binding agreement and constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the sale and purchase of the puppy.
11) Buyer agrees to send as many updates & photos s/he desires, but at least 1 per year of the puppy so Seller can see how cute/happy the puppy is doing & to keep in touch. Buyer agrees to let Seller use updates & photos for any purpose. Please send updates & photos to email@example.com
(Seller’s signature) (Buyer’s signature)
(Seller’s signature) (Buyer’s signature)